Just Detention International (JDI) is recruiting a Communications and Development Assistant to work in its Los Angeles office. JDI is a health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention. The Communications and Development Assistant will form part of JDI’s communications and development teams and report to JDI’s Communications Director.
Key Communications and Development Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to JDI’s communications and development teams
- Manage and maintain JDI’s donor and contacts databases
- Working with the Communications Director, monitor and help develop content for JDI’s website and social media platforms
- Coordinate production and distribution of JDI’s mail and email communications and donor solicitations, including by liaising with outside printer and mailing house, formatting enews updates, and extracting and managing mailing lists
- Assist with donor cultivation and recognition, including by entering and updating donor data, generating acknowledgement letters, and assisting with donor events
- Assist with general office maintenance
- BA or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum two years of professional office experience
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding computer skills, including ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with website content management systems, email marketing platforms, and relationship management systems required; experience with WordPress and MailChimp a plus
- Basic knowledge of design tools (Photoshop, InDesign) are a plus, but not required
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Passionate commitment to protecting the human rights of all people
- Comfort addressing sexual violence, ability to work sensitively with trauma survivors
- Ability to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
The salary range for this position is 40k–45k annually, commensurate with experience. JDI offers generous benefits and paid vacation.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. All applications will be kept confidential.
JDI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. People of color, LGBT candidates, and former inmates are encouraged to apply.
- Communications and Development Assistant
- Based in Los Angeles
- Will support Communications and Development teams and report to JDI’s Communications Director
- 2 years of relevant experience required
- People of color, LGBT candidates, and former inmates are encouraged to apply