Just Detention International (JDI) is recruiting a Sexual Assault Counselor to work in its Los Angeles office. JDI is a health and human rights organization that seeks to end sexual abuse in all forms of detention.
- Provide emotional support and advocacy services to currently and formerly incarcerated survivors of sexual abuse via written correspondence, hotline calls, video sessions, and in-person inside detention facilities
- Facilitate JDI’s healing art workshop program for currently and formerly incarcerated survivors
- Develop healing materials and curricula for currently and formerly incarcerated survivors
- Work on the domestic program team, including by assisting in projects as assigned and helping to develop and provide training and technical assistance to corrections officials, rape crisis counselors, and other program partners as needed
- Work with advocates, corrections staff, and incarcerated people to improve safety and services for incarcerated survivors of sexual abuse
- Participate in program meetings, program events, and trainings
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience providing group and individual programming or services to survivors of trauma and/or to incarcerated people
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience
- Passionate commitment to protecting the human rights of all people
- Comfort addressing sexual violence, ability to work sensitively with trauma survivors, and willingness to work inside detention facilities
- Ability to work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
The salary for this position is approximately $50K – $55K annually. JDI offers generous benefits and paid vacation.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. All applications will be kept confidential.
JDI is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; LGBTQI candidates; people with disabilities; and formerly incarcerated people are encouraged to apply.